Monday, May 11, 2009

To Outsource or not?

I've talked with many companies in the past six months about how they manage their employees. Several of these companies continue to have a dedicated HR person to service the employee base. The problem that each continues to face is the cost of having the HR function as a full time paid employee. As a consultant, I obviously have a bias toward outsourcing; "use me, I'm better than your employee". In all honesty, you have to have the right level of service for your company and your employees. Outsourcing is not for every company. For some it is and works great. In my experience, many time the full time HR person is what the company needs but when they get in trouble or over their head, that is when to call in a more experienced person. So, outsource or not? I guess I would answer that by asking an additional question, are you receiving the HR services you need at a cost-effective level? If you are, great. If not, give me a call.

1 comment:

  1. Human Resources Outsourcing of HR Outsourcing is not a very new concept to Indian outsourcing market. HR outsourcing

    ReplyDelete